Thursday, August 19, 2010

Session 11 Class ||| C



Today's Session was very tough on the kids. I made them do something beyond their age and I realised it. In a way I was pushing them. The characters we made in class I made them come to life and taught them floods, earthquakes and storms through that. I made them feel like this. They sifted between the emotions of kind, calm, angry.
Explaining them that the characters could come alive was very difficult. I made them think as not a human but as the element personified which was very very tough for them to do. But they tried and didn't loose hope and used their brains. I made them think of the qualities of the person they drew and show them through their bodies. So, I made them think of the difference between a Kind wind and angry wind. So, what came out was Interesting, when the wind was kind it was Oxygen that helped all animals and humans, and when the wind was angry it was a storm blowing fiercely on these animals and humans. I though this was a very nice though.
The same way I made the water group and the earth group make their Characters come alive, but because the first group did a natural disaster when they were angry both the groups followed so one did floods and the other did earthquake. The earth group when the were kind made all the things walk on her and took everyone's weight. And water gave everyone water to drink in order to survive when he was kind.
With this exercise they started relating feeling and emotions with facts and really started things as if these elements were actual people. :) They are not used to working in a group so they are doing pretty well. From time to time when they get stuck I give them some pointers to just trigger their thinking because they are still small. :)
I was happy that by the end of the class at least the kids were trying.



*Next week on Wednesday and Friday we are having a fun activity of transforming the class. Taking from the reading Display and design. We are having a Chart Competition among the two classes on Air, Water and Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment