Monday, July 26, 2010

Interviews

Vivek Mansukhani and Varun (Puppeteer)
-Rather than interviewing him on the questions, I asked him how I could remove certain obstacles in my process. One of my major obstacles was removing their personal bias. They were viewing the elements subjectively and I wanted them to see the "Bigger Picture". I figured that everything is biased, we all have pre conceived notions and if I wanted an objective way of thinking I needed to stimulate it, they wont be able to think of it by themselves.
-Another really good point they told me that make them create something larger than themselves in that space, and the anticipation to see it morph each time would make them engage and be more involved in the process, that way they will look forward to your sessions and will have something to work towards.
-They also told me " Don't ever make them feel that you are using them for your own research and process, make them feel that my purpose here is being there for them and make their experience more enriching."
-Make them do bizarre things because when it sparks into something meaningful you don't know. You also get answers when it is least expected so don't force it, it will come.
-Make the child from now on do hands on things after doing the feeling exercises.
Make them feel and do.
-One of my problems was that after my class they felt very very sleepy and the teachers were complaining and I began to think I was going wrong somewhere. Then they told me if they are feeling sleepy its good thing because that means that they are using their brain and all there senses are active. To avoid this give them a sugar rush it always works with them.
-Make them feel that they are a part of this whole process and we are one team, take their opinions also, make them design their own activties.
-Interconnections, associations and Interactions.
-Control their fun, have a balance.
Talking to them really gave me a lot of insight from their own personal experiences how to handle children.

No comments:

Post a Comment